Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Well, I'm so far satisfying my goal of finishing an essay each week.  This one I think for the most part is stating the obvious, but it's one that I've wanted to write for some time, and have only recently discovered a small reservoir of material on, many of which I excluded because it was superfluous and redundant - and unnecessary.

I do plan on reading JS Mill's On the Subjugation of Women and Engels' On the Family, but honestly I also wish to move on to other subjects, and though these men I'm sure had overall pungent and persuasive arguments both relevant and intelligently argued, they overall have lost their significance in Western Culture.  My next work will be in the need for an Intellectual Vanguard especially in consumeristic cultures full of apathy and proletarian fatalism or even worse anti-intellectualism.  Hmm, I wonder where such attitudes persist?

No comments:

Post a Comment