Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Another One Bites the Dust

Have I used that one already?  Oh well.  I used the title Pointless Update (or some iteration of it) fifteen times already, so consistent originality (or the illusion of it) apparently isn't a main concern.

I just beat the game Croc for the PSOne.  A childhood game obviously; not nearly as big as Crash Bandicoot or Spyro in terms of defining childhood memories but it was a classic.  Today I would say the game still holds up.  It's fairly easy to beat without getting all the gobbos (which I didn't do) but the game does seem to be targeted towards younger kids.  I like that there's puzzles in the game that you have to solve but they aren't constant.  The first world in particular was a great experience to play through due-to the music and colorful, whimsical  environment.  Exploring it really gave me that childlike sense of wonder where everything seems fresh and new.  I think that's what I like most about the game.  Didn't get as much out of beating it as Crash but more-so than DK Country (even though Croc was far easier).  All I have left is Rayman now - shit.

P.S.  Paper for Philosophy class is on the way.  Will have done by end of weekend at latest.

No comments:

Post a Comment